Some of our proudest moments when it comes to data recovery:
- + Recovering a completely dead raid on a server to the password prompt.
- + Bringing back precious videos on a video camera, from a wedding, that was dropped in the ocean.
- + Miraculously restoring data on a phone that was smashed by a hammer during a divorce.
- + A camera card that was accidentally deleted.
- + A flash drive that was physically broken.
Data Recovery Details
Our normal service takes four to eight days; depending on complexity and our reasonable pricing — the best in Canada.
If priority or emergency expedited service is required, we will work through the night and even the weekend (this service doubles the price).
We recover all types of media including flash drives (of any generation) and all hard drives (including Apple Western digital, Fujitsu, Hitachi, Samsung, and Toshiba), solid state hard drives, raid drives, compact disks, Blu-ray , DVDs , and NAS drives.
These media can be from any device such as cameras, phones, computers, laptops, servers, or any device which stores data.
The damage can be from any type of natural disaster (such as flood, fire, etc), accidental or intentional destruction of any type, or a system crash. The device can be completely dysfunctional and inoperable: meaning it doesn’t even turn on. We are here to get your data back!
The Four Levels of Recovery are:
- Logical Data Recovery: Meaning a data rebuild after an accidental re-partitioning or deletion of a drive, damage from a virus attack, or partly damaging, overwriting, or reinstalling the operating system: in this case there is no physical damage to the hard drive, or the interface card — in other words the media is properly functioning.
- Electrical Data Recovery: This means the interface card has been damaged, or the firmware is corrupted.
- Physical Data Recovery: This means the heads are damaged, and need to be removed and swapped with heads from a donor drive in a clean room.
- Unrecoverable Cases: Meaning last chance data recovery which was refused by other laboratories. Some examples of the type of deep damage caused from physical damage are, liquid floods, fires, being dropped, crushed, or intentionally smashed.
No Recovery, No Fee
If we are unable to recover your data, you will never be charged a fee.
Certified Data Recovery
A Laptop Shoppe is a certified data recovery company. We have received certifications from Dell™, ACE Consulting Ltd., ASUS, Toshiba, CompTIA®, and Seagate® Recovery Services™.
Free Hard Drive Pick-Ups in Calgary
Free hard drive pick-up services are available to Calgary residents.
Discounts are available to students, those with low income, and other select groups.
Call us now and get your Data Back while you still can! (403) 274-5190
Or fill out an inquiry form on our 'Contact Us' page