1. You’ve most likely installed an adware program that displays unwanted ads. Although benevolent adware exists, most of the time adware is up to no good. Getting rid of it isn’t easy. There’s a ton of little system-utility tools out there that promise to clean up everything, with names like PC Speed-up, PC Speed Pro, PC Speedifier. A lot of times those programs are not going to do much. Some programs will work, othersRead More
1. Use Speedtest.net when you’re having connectivity problems. Run a speed test to see what your download and upload speeds are. Ideally, they should be at least 50 percent of your Internet service provider’s advertised speeds, with a ping under 100 milliseconds.
2. If the speeds seem solid, make sure that you aren’t inadvertently downloading or uploading anything. Many torrent downloading programs run in the background and minimize into the system tray instead of the Read More
“Google Maps fraud is a problem for all businesses”, warns Mike Chartrand.
Google’s apps and services have become an essential part of running a business.Users rely on the search engine to connect with businesses online and Google Maps to direct them to locations. Some people are focused on sabotaging others for their own gain. Imagine, for example, a local business changing the phone listing or business hours of its competition toRead More
First step to fixing a slow computer is to verify that your machine is the actual source of the problem. It may not be the computer, it may be your broadband connection.
Check whether you have free space on the hard drive holding your operating system. Windows needs room to create files while your system is running. If your hard drive is maxed
What to do??
1. Before you do anything else, restart your computer.
2. Check for operating system updates. Needing an update can significantly impair your PC’s performance.
3. If you’re having problems with a peripheral (mouse, keyboard, monitor, printer, etc), try switching it on and off. If that doesn’t work, try disconnecting and reconnecting the device.
4. As a last resort, download the latest drivers Read More
As our name implies we are Calgary’s premier laptop repair facility and we have been serving the Calgary area for over 20 years. Are you currently facing laptop troubles? Whether it’s laptop repair, virus removal, data recovery, or apple MacBook repairs, we fix it. We service our regular managed business clients and walk-ins at our storefront in northeast Calgary; we also service laptops that other repair facilities and box stores bring to us, who don’tRead More
We provide your business with, user-friendly, streamlined document workflows that seamlessly integrate into your existing IT architecture.
Kyocera printers and application help prep schools create, grade, and analyze bubble sheet tests accurately and easily. Healthcare If you are working in healthcare, you are working with documents. They are at every touch-point of your organization: patient records, invoicing, insurance, supplies and more. Kyocera forRead More
A Laptop Shoppe caters to the needs of the small business community, including businesses in Calgary, Chestermere , Cochrane and beyond.
For over 20 years we have worked hard to deliver same day service and thorough inspections. Our technicians are highly trained and certified, we guarantee the quality of our work. By employing the services of A Laptop Shoppe you will receive a thorough analysis of your business’ computer infrastructure with aRead More
“A Laptop Shoppe”, in Calgary replaces screens for every brand of laptop, including Dell, Sony and Asus. It doesn’t matter where you originally bought the laptop, we can make the screen as good as new.
As with many things, there are different levels of quality. We only deal with the highest quality components, every repair that we carry out comes with a full 3 year warranty that protects your laptop screen againstRead More